- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut the tenderloin in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
"This is my go-to recipe when we're craving pulled pork sandwiches. So easy! Often times I double or triple this recipe in my 6 qt. slow cooker. Now if I could only thicken the sauce just a little. Perhaps a cornstarch or arrowroot slurry added to the sauce and turned to high heat in the crockpot while I'm shredding the meat. Pairs nicely with Renee Endress's recipe for Creamy Coleslaw Recipe here in Taste of Home."
"This marinade has great flavor. I would probably double the recipe next time, as I generally cook a larger size roast than the recipe calls for."
"So easy to make and good flavor. One of our go to recipes in the summer for an easy healthy supper without having to turn on the stove."
"Not so much. Catsup has SO MUCH sugar! Just way too sweet."
"This was great! I used a small pork roast instead of tenderloin and it turned out really well. I cooked it on high for 4 hours. I didn't have the brown mustard, so I used a tablespoon of BBQ sauce instead. The sauce was absolutely amazing. Next time I might add some onion or garlic powder. I just really loved how easy this was to pull together. It's a no-fuss recipe. I'm sure it is even better with tenderloin. I love how Ashaline says she makes it to give to people. I think this would be so great to give, with a package of buns, to a family that is grieving or a family with a new baby."