Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut the tenderloin in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and pepper; pour over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks. Return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Sort By :
Not so much. Catsup has SO MUCH sugar! Just way too sweet.
This was great! I used a small pork roast instead of tenderloin and it turned out really well. I cooked it on high for 4 hours. I didn't have the brown mustard, so I used a tablespoon of BBQ sauce instead. The sauce was absolutely amazing. Next time I might add some onion or garlic powder. I just really loved how easy this was to pull together. It's a no-fuss recipe. I'm sure it is even better with tenderloin. I love how Ashaline says she makes it to give to people. I think this would be so great to give, with a package of buns, to a family that is grieving or a family with a new baby.
Really good and easy and just enough for my husband and I.
I like this best with Chicken Tenders, but my husband likes it best on pork! Nicely tangy, with a good bbq flavor and pretty tender. Great on a sesame bun and even better the day after! I slice it up and tenderize the meat first, then leave it in good sized chunks for the sandwich.
DELICIOUS!! And so easy!! I will definitely make this again!