One evening, Mom and I helped each other put together this sandwich using things we had on hand. It's delicious and was an instant hit with our family.—Melody Stoltzfus, Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until blended. Spread inside bread shell; set aside.
- Drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell; top with beef mixture and cheese. Replace bread top. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Sandwich in Country Woman September/October 2003, p35
Reviews for Taco Sandwich
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review