- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 6 slices American cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cut bread in half lengthwise; hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and salsa until blended. Spread inside bread shell; set aside.
- Drain beef. Stir in taco seasoning. Layer lettuce and tomato in bottom of bread shell; top with beef mixture and cheese. Replace bread top. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Sandwich
Sort By :
"I made this one night for my brother and his 2 friends and they all loved it! So did my boyfriend and I. It is delicious! :)"
"This was real good but I will change the layering next time I make it. I will combine the meat & cheese (keep hot)and make the meat mixture the bottom layer, followed by the lettuce, tomato & add onion."