- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup crushed corn chips, divided
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce and sliced avocado, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, water and olives. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle half of the corn chips into pastry shell. Top with meat mixture, sour cream and cheese. Cover with remaining corn chips.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cut into wedges. Top with lettuce and avocado if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Pie
Sort By :
"Loved it! Added bonus... it was quick and easy to make. I subbed low fat cheese, no fat sour cream and ground turkey the second time I made it. It was still good!"
"Very blah. We are not into real spicy, but this had hardly any flavor. I even put medium heat salsa on top. I wouldn't make again."
"This recipe is great although the 2nd time around i added salsa sauce to the meat mixture..gave it a better taste."
"This was an excellent dish. I deleted the olives because our family doesn't care for olives, but I added a 4 oz. can of chopped green chiles."
"This was quick and easy- would probably add a bit more spice to it."