- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, water, green chilies, taco seasoning, onion powder, chili powder and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Drain noodles; place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spread with beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and taco sauce. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Taco Noodle Bake
Sort By :
This was great!! It would be good with corn & black beans added too!
Excellent flavor! The contrast of the hot casserole with the cold toppings was great. You can vary the spice level by adding more or less taco seasoning. I wouldn't mess with the rest of the ingredient. Thanks for a wonderful meal!
I used 1 lb ground beef and 1 can refried beans. I also increased the noodles to 3 cups. Could probably use a little more. This was really good and really easy.
excellent taste and easy to make
A bit spicy for us. Will add more noodles. Great recipe. Thanks