- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"This a very good recipe. I made my own refried beans which is better than the canned. My husband loves tex-mex and Mexican food, so this will be made again soon. I added some shredded lettuce and sour cream on top once it was platted. Very good!"
"Everyone raved about this dish. I will make it again soon."
"Great quick recipe! I mixed the retried beans in with the meat and black beans to make it easier to assemble. I also added fresh corn which I cut off the cob. Great recipe for a weeknight!"
"Good recipe. i loved the black beans in it."
"Good recipe. To reduce the amount of fat, I used fat free refried beans and non-dairy "cheese". I also used corn tortillas instead of flour tortillas. Fat free tortillas can also be used to reduce the fat even further."