Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna(21)
Sort By :
I've made this for dinner 3x in the past month. It is quickly becoming a favorite of ours. I use about a pound and a half of ground beef and we top it with sour cream, onion, and garden tomato. (And a little sprinkle of garlic salt) It's absolutely tasty. http://www.PrintableCouponsandDeals.com has tons of great coupons that could be used in this recipe!
I made this last night and it was fantastic. Usually when I've made a new dish, I'll ask my husband if he likes it and he'll just say "It's good." When I made this, I didn't even had to ask, when he finally came up for air he said " This is fricken' delicious!". So, a winner in our house! My husband isn't a fan of beans so I subbed corn for the black beans and only used about 2/3 of the can of refried beans.
I added some chopped cilantro to the meat mixture for added taste & I also used one can of chopped green chillis instead of green peppers. Cover top layer with tinfoil because the top of mine browned & got crunchy but it was still good. Thanks for recipe.
Nice comfort food. I used diced tomatoes with green chilies b/c I couldn't find the Mexican ones. The sauce was really spicy in the pan but cooled off in the mix of the casserole. Served with sour cream and lettuce. Will add jalapenos next time.
This recipe is awesome. I make it frequently. I have just started Weight Watchers. Does anyone know how many points a serving of this would be? Need Protein, carbs, fat & fiber to calculate. Thanks, Glenyah
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Taco Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >