- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"This recipe tasted great. The flavors really come together and I believe kids would really like it. I am only giving it four stars because between them chopping, browning and baking, this recipe takes at least 40 minutes to prepare."
"I prefer to use corn tortillas (the flour ones' get soggy ) I also use poblano or anaheim pepper (don't care for the bell pepper family)also added can of sliced black olive can of corn and can diced green chiles"
"Has a really good taste. I did change it a bit by putting the refried beans in with the meat mixture, just much easier. Also added lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce & sour cream on top. Will put in my keeper list."
"Great, easy dinner for the whole family to enjoy."