- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"This is delicious, easy to play around with and vary it, I never make it the same way twice. I always add more cheese than it calls for and put in 3 or 4 minced fresh Serrano peppers. Like others mentioned I usually swap out the flour tortillas for corn. It makes enough for the 2 of us each to have a good hearty serving 2 nights in a row. This is one of those satisfying comfort foods that really fill you up and put you in that wonderful food coma right after eating."
"I used 2 cans of black beans and omitted the refried beans. I exchanged corn tortillas for flour and increased the cheese to 4 cups. Instead of a 14.5 oz. can of tomatoes, try using two cans (10 oz. each) of Ro-Tel tomatoes."
"I have made this a few times. The first time I made this my 8 and 10 yr olds looked at it and were hesitant. Since then, they have requested it when we make our weekly menus. I also mixed the refried beans with the meat mixture because otherwise the beans are thick and a pain to spread. My 10 year old son did 90% of the work the last time I made this and it is not typical that my kids request leftovers the next day, but they do for this."
"This was so easy and delicious! I also mixed the refried beans into the meat mixture for easier assembly and it was fantastic. Everyone loved it. I served with lettuce, tomato, salsa and sour cream for people to add as they wished."
"Make this so often for potlucks. Dont always use the black beans."