Taco Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
Sort By :
"This recipe is delicious!! I made a few substitutions: lean ground turkey, low sodium black beans, lowfat ricotta cheese (no refried beans), whole wheat tortillas and lowfat cheese. I had to cook it a little longer; 30 minutes covered and 10-15 minutes uncovered- I like my tortillas crispy."
"My family loved this and that is all I needed to know. You can make all types of variations with this. My husband added sour cream to his second serving. I liked when the tortillas were crispy. A complete favorite in my home. The kids said, "Add this to your recipe box!""
"This was super and quick. We thought that it was full of flavor and so easy."
"it does make the outer edge of the casserole , bit crispy on the tortillas when bake for 30 minutes. But it is a great time saving recipe ,if you need dinner on the table fast. if you like southwestern food it would be a good recipe to try out, I just suggest baking it for 20 or 25 minutes any longer the outer edges of the tortilla will be to crispy."
"Wow! What can I say! I submitted this recipe 12 years ago on a whim and it won me $500.00 and a feature in Quick Cooking. I am so excited to see everyones' reviews and modifications. I am married now and my family loves this recipe too! Crazy to see 86 reviews written! Who knew!"