- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in black beans and tomatoes. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Spread with half of the refried beans and half of the beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Taco Lasagna
"Fabulous! Make it just as it it's written. It needs no changes. Everyone in my family loves this and it's a nice change from tacos!"
"we liked this but i left out the black beans. it was a good meal and we had lots leftover. would cut recipe in half next time"
"I use Newmans Own salsa ( far superior in taste ...be careful it has lots of varities like peach or pineapple that do not go with this.) Try medium. Not too hot and definately more flavor than tomatoes. About the sodium content by I reviewer. Try making your own . There are Lots of recipes online but basically 1 T. Each :cumin, chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and a scant TOregano. (1/4t. salt is optional. ) I round up the cumin just a bit and go a bit scant one the chili powder .But a mix of regular and chipolte chilli powder is good too. That will taste just like the envelope or BETTER according to reviews Plus no sodium. Also look for fat free refried beans... 85 % lean or ground turkey (needs a tad more seasoning) lowers the fat. These swaps do not chang the flavor at all. ADD in stuff include corn., jalapenos . Olives. . Once I topped it with crushed hard taco shells.I also cut the tortillas into 3 strips to look like" lasagna "noodles. It cuts easier too."
"This recipe was good. I made a few changes for my family. We don't care for black beans, so I omitted them. Fast , easy & yummy"
"This is super easy to put together, and fabulously delicious! I found this to be perfectly flavorful, especially topped with your favorite toppings like taco sauce, salsa, salsa verde, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, however you like to dress up your tacos. I wasn't sure what the recipe meant by Mexican Diced Tomatoes, but by the size of the can it calls for, I knew it wasn't Rotel, although it would probably be fine. I used Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro, which is located with all the other kinds of canned diced tomatoes, and it worked out very well. This makes a lot, but don't worry, it reheats really well."
"We loved this--I doubled the ground beef and added some frozen corn."
"I think this would be great with polenta slices instead of the tortillas"
"I made this tonight. I left out the refried beans. Also.the last two top torilas so only needed 4. Didn't need as much cheese as recipe calls for. Only used 2 1/2 cups or less."
"Excellent... love it, and so does everybody else!"