Sweet Potato Waffles Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, sour cream, sweet potatoes, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 waffles.
Reviews for Sweet Potato Waffles(10)
Sort By :
I had high hopes for this recipe. However, the batter was too thick for waffles and the flavor was sorely lacking. Wont be making this recipe any time soon.
My whole family loved them. My son and husband do not like sweet potato but they both enjoyed these waffles. I served them with smoked salmon and warm brie.
My family loved this (kids age 10 & under)! I substituted cinnamon & nutmeg for the cardamom & coconut oil for the butter, and skipped the pecans (my kids like nuts plain, but not usually in things). Turned out great & I'd make them again.
Very yummy! I used pumpkin in place of sweet potatoes and replaced the cardamon with Cinnamon and Nutmeg. Will defiantly try with sweet potatoes next time!
This is definitely tomorrow's breakfast.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >