Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
All of my favorite salads are topped off with this homemade dressing. I use this sweet poppy seed concoction to drizzle over fruit salads with strawberries, grapes, oranges and bananas...or over spinach and toasted pecans.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Slowly whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Dressing in Country Woman March/April 2001, p33
Reviews for Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
I have never made or had a poppy seed dressing before, but I wanted to try "Easy Tossed Salad" which calls for poppy seed dressing, to serve with "Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta" Both were excellent and I will make this dressing again!