All of my favorite salads are topped off with this homemade dressing. I use this sweet poppy seed concoction to drizzle over fruit salads with strawberries, grapes, oranges and bananas...or over spinach and toasted pecans.
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Slowly whisk in oil. Cover and refrigerate. Serve with fruit. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Dressing in Country Woman March/April 2001, p33
Reviews for Sweet Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2011
"I have never made or had a poppy seed dressing before, but I wanted to try "Easy Tossed Salad" which calls for poppy seed dressing, to serve with "Sausage and Pumpkin Pasta" Both were excellent and I will make this dressing again!"