- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
"I've been using this recipe ever since i got it. We absolutely love it!!! The only thing I did differently is that I baked them in the oven at 250 for an hour tightly covered after browning them in a skillet. They come out very tender where you can cut it with a fork."
"My whole family likes this recipe. The barbeque sauce is delicious. We have tried it with the pork and also chicken and it is delicious with both!"
"I have tried many recipes but this one is the best the sauce is realy good my kids loved this one i made 2 batches and it wasnt enough. I did just as recipe called but after sauce was done i poared it over the chops and baked 30 min covered to tenderize the meat and another. 30 min un covered so the sauce would thicken it was amazing i will definetly do this again"
"Fantastic barbeque recipe!"
"Absolutely awesome! Didn't have any honey, but used 1/4 molasses instead. The family loved it! Will definitely make again."