- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, brown pork chops 2-3 minutes on each side. Return all to pan.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Sweet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Absolutely awesome! Didn't have any honey, but used 1/4 molasses instead. The family loved it! Will definitely make again."
"Oh my gosh, is this good!!!! Can't wait to try it with chicken! Served it with TOH's Creamy Mac-n-cheese, and Country Baked Beans. What a lovely combination!!!"
"We really enjoyed the sauce in this recipe. I did think the pork itself needed a little seasoning like salt and pepper. I will definitely make the sauce again. I will probably try it with chicken next time. Overall very easy and tasty. I love the sweetness of the sauce."
"Excellent recipe. Sauce was delicious!"
"I just tried it !! SIX STARS !!!EASY - loved it too.CHANGES IT UP A LITTLE1 - Marinaded it in a small portion of the sauce for a half hr . Then discarded the sauce from the marinading bowl for sanitary reasons . Very little sauce was thrown away .2- Chopped onions + let it sit for 10 mins because this improves the potency in the onions + garlic when You use it in any recipe .3 - Browned it for 3 mins on each side like the recipe says in "Canola Oil " ...after this I washed out the pan and used "Olive oil " for 30 secs per side . Olive oil loses its goodness when in the pan too long and canola is generally a good + cheap cooking oil to work with .4- After all the browning was done put it on very low and let it simmer for 20 mins5 - Quickly gave the frying pan a light scrubbing + rinsing so nothing was caked on .6 I froze the remaining portionsIf YOu haven't tried this , I think You will find this very easy to prep , cook + clean after as well as a very enjoyable dishTHANKS FOR THE RECIPE !!!-Knyvet ( the ORIGINAL DUMB BATCHELOR )"