- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Summer Garden Couscous Salad
Sort By :
This is sooooooo good!!! Wonderful flavor, good the next day. Perfect for summertime barbecue!
I made this salad using fresh corn, cucumber, and yellow cherries from my garden. My corn was so sweet that I shirked away from boiling it. So, I added the uncooked kernals right from the cobs and am pleased with the outcome. The salad is light and refreshing and works great as a main lunch course or a dinner side dish.
made this today. I didn't have red onion but I am ok with that I am not a big onion fan. I made this to have for a quick lunch with some grilled chicken added to it!
This was SO good! I rarely alter recipes, but because of the need to use up some things, I made the following changes: I used a full box of "Original Couscous" and cooked it in one can of chicken broth. Mediterranean herb feta cheese crumbles. 1 tbsp dry parsley (I didn't have fresh). And, I had a squeeze bottle of lime juice, so I used that instead of lemon. But, I have to say that the fresh corn kernels, boiled for only a few minutes in a little bit of water, were SO good...added sweetness and crunch. And, I also added two small carrots, fine diced. My changes were not so crazy as to completely change the recipe, so I'm sure the original recipe is delicious. I just did what I had to do, and so glad I did. I will make this again and again!
Made it as is, and it was perfect. Even my non-salad-loving husband loves it. Served with small portions of grilled chicken and it was wonderful as a summer lunch or dinner. I love olives and will try adding a little bit of chopped olives to my portion next time.