- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Summer Garden Couscous Salad
Sort By :
"I'll just add my five stars to the list! This is outstanding and something I will be taking to the next potluck! I made it for dinner, but keep grabbing a spoon and taking a bite! My SIL has a hard time with onions, so I mixed it all up with out the onion, took some out, then added the onion. It's great both ways!"
"There is a reason why everyone gives this recipe 5 stars…it is really, really good."
"This recipe is really really good. Every time I make it everyone LOVES it. I double the garlic and use a little more onion. However, recently I switched over to the Paleo diet and this recipe is amazing with cauliflower instead of couscous. Great recipe everyone will enjoy."
"This is sooooooo good!!! Wonderful flavor, good the next day. Perfect for summertime barbecue!"