Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- Trim ends of zucchini; place in a steamer basket. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; add basket. Cover and steam for 5 minutes. When zucchini is cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Set pulp aside.
- In a bowl, beat the egg; add spinach, bread crumbs, tomato sauce, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and zucchini pulp. Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Top each with tomatoes and Swiss cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Stuffed Zucchini Boats(3)
Sort By :
My family liked this. Very tasty. Couldn't really taste the spinach. The zucchini boats themselves were a bit crunchy. Were they supposed to be fully cooked? I liked them that way.
My husband and I loved this recipe. I'm not a bug zucchini person but this was so flavorful you couldn't even taste the zucchini!