Chicken Tzatziki Cucumber Boats
I’ve tended a garden for decades, and these colorful “boats” made from cucumbers hold my fresh tomatoes, peas and dill. It’s absolute garden greatness. —Ronna Farley, Rockville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 teaspoons snipped fresh dill, divided
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomato (about 1 large), divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- Cut each cucumber lengthwise in half; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a bowl, mix yogurt, mayonnaise, garlic salt and 1 teaspoon dill; gently stir in chicken, 3/4 cup tomato and peas.
- Spoon into cucumber shells. Top with the remaining tomato and dill.
Health Tip: Skip the peas for a fast and refreshing low-carb lunch or supper.
Nutrition Facts2 filled cucumber halves: 312 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Chicken Tzatziki Cucumber Boats in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016