- 3 to 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (12 ounces) regular cola
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove beef and mushrooms. Place gravy mix in a large saucepan; gradually whisk in cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Add beef and mushrooms to the gravy. Serve with noodles. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Steak Stroganoff
"This was very good but I will do a few things different next time. I will use low sodium broth to reduce the salty taste. I also used only one package of the gravy mix to 3 or so cups of the liquid, then half the sour cream. That was more than enough sauce. Otherwise it was great."
"I always use mash potatoes for beef stroganoff and it is the best"
"Initially I kept thinking "there's too much .....stuff in this but I'm going to try it anyway". I'm glad I did. It was delicious! I'll definitely be making this again"
"This recipe was great! I will be making again!"
"I have made this for my family more times than I can count! It is always a requested favorite...especially with the children. Love it!"
"I've been searching for a recipe this simple and delicious. Thank you."
"best strognoff recipe I've ever made and easy too!"
"While not 100% made from scratch, it is a lot closer than the cream of mushroom variety. Delicious recipe, the cooking liquid mixed with the gravy and sour cream make it the best Stroganoff sauce I have ever tasted."
"We LOVED this!! =)"
"There are a lot of Beef Stroganoff recipes available. This one was just alright to me, not over the top delicious. I used chicken stock instead of broth and added additional chicken Stock When I added the beef & mushrooms to the cooking liquid because it was too thick. It was good, just not great."