Spinach Skillet Bake Recipe
Over the years, I've tried to instill a love of cooking in our seven children. And we've enjoyed a variety of delicious recipes, including this one. - Nancy Robaidek, Krakow, Wisconsin
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In an ovenproof skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the spinach, mushrooms, garlic salt and basil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meat mixture; mix well. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 ounce) equals 351 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 872 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC