Beef and Orzo Skillet
Not only does this recipe make tasty use of any leftover brisket, it also cooks up in one pot, making cleanup a cinch. Fire-roasted tomatoes and your favorite barbecue sauce make this a bona-fide belly warmer! —Margie Williams, Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 cup halved fresh mushrooms
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked beef brisket
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Saute the mushrooms, celery, pepper and onion in oil in a Dutch oven until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 368 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Beef and Orzo Skillet in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013