Spicy Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Add pasta to the soup; cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add shrimp and crab; simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Seafood Bisque(4)
Sort By :
I have also been making this bisque for years...we love it.
I've been making this soup for years (Since finding this delicious recipe in my TOH magazine!).
It never disappoints. Croutons make a tasty garnish.
This is one of my favorite soups. When I want to splurge, I use "real," chopped crabmeat, rather than the canned.
I've made this time and time again. One of my favorite recipes. I usually omit the crab, still turns out great. Easy to make and full of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Soup >
- Seafood Soup Recipes >