Spicy Seafood Bisque Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta or elbow macaroni
- 1 pound uncooked Daily Chef Uncooked Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add the broth, tomato juice, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Add pasta to the soup; cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender. Add shrimp and crab; simmer 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Seafood Bisque(3)
Sort By :
I've been making this soup for years (Since finding this delicious recipe in my TOH magazine!).
It never disappoints. Croutons make a tasty garnish.
This is one of my favorite soups. When I want to splurge, I use "real," chopped crabmeat, rather than the canned.
I've made this time and time again. One of my favorite recipes. I usually omit the crab, still turns out great. Easy to make and full of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bisque Soup Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Soup >
- Seafood Soup Recipes >