Creamy Seafood Bisque
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups whole baby clams, drained
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add red onion and mushrooms; saute for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; add tomato paste. Gradually whisk in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clams and shrimp; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in crab and cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with cheese and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 453 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 1232mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Aug 4, 2019
Way costly ro make and not that good.
May 23, 2017
This is wonderful, easy and creamy. I added bay scallops instead of clams and thickened it a little more with equal parts butter and flour and it if just marvelous. We enjoy a particular restaurant in SW Florida that serves a similar bisque and I have tried for several years to find a recipe close. WE LOVE IT!!!!