Creamy Seafood Bisque
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups whole baby clams, drained
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a Dutch oven, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add red onion and mushrooms; saute for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended; add tomato paste. Gradually whisk in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add clams and shrimp; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Stir in crab and cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with cheese and green onions.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 453 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 1232mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
May 23, 2017
This is wonderful, easy and creamy. I added bay scallops instead of clams and thickened it a little more with equal parts butter and flour and it if just marvelous. We enjoy a particular restaurant in SW Florida that serves a similar bisque and I have tried for several years to find a recipe close. WE LOVE IT!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.