- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Special Banana Nut Bread
Sort By :
"I'm so glad I tried this bread. Absolutely delicious!"
"Got this going in the oven now. I have made this in the past and it doesn't last long around here, I use a bundt pan to cook it in and comes out great"
"My husband has been begging me to make banana bread. I found this one and I'm glad I did. I used 6 mini loaf pans and baked them for 35 minutes at 350. I made two without nuts for my 14 year old, two topped with pecans for my husband, and two topped with walnuts for myself. I didn't make the glaze because I didn't have any oranges. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"This is THE BEST banana nut bread recipe! I have tried many in the past I will never use another one. It is delicious, doesn't crumble all over the place, the bananas cook evenly, and with or without the glaze (for those who don't care for things too sweet) it is just heavenly. Thank you Beverly Sprague for sharing your very fabulous recipe. I am getting ready to make another batch right now!"