Special Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, divided
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Fold in 1 cup pecans.
- Transfer to two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients; drizzle over loaves. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Special Banana Nut Bread(38)
Sort By :
I just love this recipe. I don't ever make the glaze. It's so yummy, who needs it? My one change is that I use glazed pecans, like "pecan pie" glazed or honey glazed, that I chop rather than plain pecans.
Took one loaf to work and it disappeared immediately and lots of compliments. This is definitely a keeper. The orange glaze really gives it something extra. This will be my banana bread recipe from now on!
I made this for our church coffee hour, but I omitted the glaze to make it less sweet.
The entire cake was gone within minutes, and people were actually taking slices home!
LOVE this recipe! I will definitely make this again!
I made large and small muffins and how moist and flavorful they are, amazing. I cut back the sugar to one cup rather then two. Would have been way too sweet for me. Next time I am going to try 3/4 cup of sugar. It's just a matter of tasting the batter and if it needs more add it. I always under estimate the sugar and it usually works for me. If your having a party try the mini cup or the regular cup cake pans these will be the hit of the party. You can't go wrong with the recipe.
This bread is wonderful. I wanted to try it out so I only made 1/2 recipe. Just a note, the full recipe calls for 2 cups of sugar. I halved the recipe and used about 1/2 cup of sugar. It is plenty sweet. Next time I will make two loaves. Thanks for the great recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Banana Bread Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >