- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro flakes
- Hot cooked fettuccine, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, red pepper, taco seasoning, salt and pepper in oil until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the beans, corn, picante sauce and cilantro; heat through. Serve with fettuccine if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Southwestern Beef Strips
"This is a GREAT recipe - quick, easy, and I usually have the ingredients on hand. My family loves it, and we have it often. I make it as written in the recipe with the exception of using fresh instead of dried cilantro."
"This recipe is amazing! We raise beef and so we have quite a few various types of beef to eat up. I've made it with different kinds of steaks and also with beef stew meat. It's delicious each time! My husband loves it too. The only variation I use it Barilla Whole Grain Linguini noodles instead of regular noodles. I've also used Fajita seasoning instead of taco, and we love that as well!"
"YUM! I didn't think we would like this but it has a lot of ingredients we use on a regular basis. So we decided to try it but without the noodles because it just seemed weird but after making it we loved it and wish we had made the noodles or at least rice. It isn't meant to eat alone."
"My husband saw this recipe in the taste of home magazine and wanted to try it. It is a keeper. We topped it with more picante suuce. The fettaccine was very good with it also."
"Whoa! This was delicious! I used 1/2 cup fire-roasted tomato salsa instead of the picante sauce and did not use the cilantro flakes. We'll be having leftovers tomorrow!~ Theresa"
"quick, Easy and Delicious"