Special Strip Steaks
I like to use my wonderful cast-iron skillet, inherited from my mother, when I'm preparing this delicious steak, notes Janice Mitchell from Aurora, Colorado.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup sherry or beef broth
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Rub steaks with garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper; set aside. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add the sherry or broth, Worcestershire sauce and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the steaks and cook over medium heat for 3-7 minutes on each side or until the meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°, medium, 140°, medium-well, 145°).
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Nutrition Facts1 steak: 389 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 807mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 48g protein.
Nov 30, 2011
quick and savory - interesting combination with the worchester and green onions. I served it with mashed potatoes and peas. If I make it again, I will put less worchester and cook the steak a little less.