Steak Strips with Spaghetti
"I've been serving this super skillet supper for many years," reports Iris Posey of Albany, Georgia. "The flavorful beef dish is equally appealing when you substitute pork or veal," she adds.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 cups hot cooked spaghetti
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, water, seasoning blend, thyme, pepper and vegetables. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with spaghetti.