- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 5 pounds)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Place roast in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup mustard, brown sugar, garlic powder, cayenne and 1/2 teaspoon salt; brush over pork. Add broth; cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, celery seed, garlic salt and remaining mustard and salt; pour over coleslaw mix and toss to coat.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred pork with two forks; return to slow cooker.
- With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato. Fluff pulp with a fork. Using a slotted spoon, place pork mixture and coleslaw over each potato. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Southern Loaded Sweet Potatoes in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p57
Reviews for Southern Loaded Sweet Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review