Sour Cream Cucumbers Recipe
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled if desired and thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- In a large bowl, whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar and pepper until blended. Add cucumbers and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cucumbers(29)
Sort By :
My house loves cucumbers so this was an easy homerun! We left out the onions, but loved it still the same.
Perfect in its simplicity! A tasty salad that is quick and simple to prepare. I used red wine vinegar instead of white. Loved the flavor boost from the sugar! This is a perfect accompaniment to any seafood dish.
These cucumbers taste crisp and refreshing; a great side dish to any meal! I would recommend adding 1 teaspoon of salt to bring out the flavor of the cucumbers even more.
I've been making this recipe since it was originally published. We love it especially with Kirby cucumbers. I do salt the sliced cucumbers and drain them before mixing with the dressing ingredients. If I have it, I add fresh dill. We like it with lots of freshly ground pepper. Thanks Pamela!!
I just saw this recipe in the April/May 2014 issue of ToH... it is still a winner. I have made a similar recipe for many years, and now I am debating which is the better of the two. As a volunteer field editor, I can recommend this recipe. I didn't add the sugar, added some dill, and liked the creamy flavors.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cucumber Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >
- Quick Recipes >