Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
MakesAbout 2-1/2 cups
- 4 cups (32 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Line a fine mesh strainer with two layers of cheesecloth. Place yogurt in strainer over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard liquid in bowl; set yogurt aside. Place cucumber in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt. Let stand for 15 minutes; discard liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil and vinegar until blended. Stir in the garlic, yogurt and cucumber.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 113 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 12, 2009
Great sauce for falafel. I cut the recipe in 1/2 because I didn't need so much sauce. I still used the full cucumber and cut the rest of the ingredients in half. Turned out great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.