Sour Cream Loaves
Cinnamon and nutmeg lend just the right amount of flavor to these moist mini loaves. Sometimes I use the batter to make muffins instead. —Joyce Lemkuil, Branson, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
Makes2 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into two 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Combine remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 221 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch.
Originally published as Sour Cream Bread in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007