Smoked Sausage Dinner Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the sausage, green pepper, onion, oregano and basil in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in V8 juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Smoked Sausage Dinner(4)
Sort By :
Down home cooking. We loved it with no changes made and I loved it because it was quick to make.
Easy and quick! It tasted great too! I hate V-8 juice and only use it in my tomato soup, but this recipe gave me a use for an extra can I had on hand.
Made a few changes: doubled the recipe to feed the whole family, added a 16 oz can of rinsed red beans, added chopped carrots and celery. Served over rice.
This tasted very good. The changes Imade were to use Smoked Turkey Sausage. I served it overUncle Ben's Ready Whole Grain Medley Vegetable Harvest. It turned out very good and fast.
This was really quick and easy. I only had Spicy V-8 on hand and it turned out great. This had just the right amount of zip to it! Not something I would serve for a dinner party, but just right for a quick, easy, and tasty dinner.