- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, sausage, onion, chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"I made this for a breakfast potluck at work, a TOTAL hit!"
"I reduced the proportions, 20oz bag cascadian farms organic potato cubes with peppers, 5 eggs, 1/2 c milk, used 1/3 jar green salsa instead of canned chilis, stirred into cooked sausage & onions. I used smoked Gouda to top the first layer, then the top layer got grated cheddar. I baked it in round ceramic Le Cruset 4 quart casserole at 400 degrees for over an hour. It was delicious!"
"Pretty good. Way to many hash browns and not enough sausage. We left out the onions and chili's. I will try this again but only use about 1/2 the has browns and double the sausage."
"My family loves this casserole, I omit the onions and the chilies, and use Velveeta cheese instead of the shredded cheddar. It is delicious and very easy to make. I don't even pre-cook the sausage as it cooks in with the eggs and potatoes. Thanks Taste of Home for this great recipe!"
"I would give this zero stars if I could. If it was good enough to serve guests I figured it would be a winner for my New Year's Day breakfast after the Rose Parade. This was absolutely awful. The hashbrowns were nothing but a starchy mush, couldn't even taste the other ingredients. I made it exactly as called for in the recipe. Even drowned in salsa, I could not eat it. The whole thing went into the trash (what a waste of $7-$8) and I had a bowl of Chex (leftover from Christmas Chex Mix batches) with a sliced banana. I don't think TOH tested this recipe."