- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, sausage, onion, chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Sort By :
"Flavor was wonderful. Although, mine was burnt at the end of 5 hours and the cheese disintegrated in the mixture. I tossed the burnt sides and added more cheese as I served it. Otherwise it tasted great. Might try the oven next time."
"Great, easy recipe! And GMH. , that's why they call it a review. Not everyone likes it, nor do they have to. Susan's review, no matter how negative, is permitted here. Taste of Home I'm sure doesn't expect five stars from everyone. Take a chill pill and I wish you a better day tomorrow! Wow."
"SusaneclarkIt always amazes me that a recipe can get 150 positive reviews and then you get that 1 that isn’t content with, ‘not very good’, but has to go on and on about how horrible they thought it was. Hey Susan, find a different website. I doubt Taste of Home would miss you! I know I wouldn’t!"
"I made this for a breakfast potluck at work, a TOTAL hit!"
"I reduced the proportions, 20oz bag cascadian farms organic potato cubes with peppers, 5 eggs, 1/2 c milk, used 1/3 jar green salsa instead of canned chilis, stirred into cooked sausage & onions. I used smoked Gouda to top the first layer, then the top layer got grated cheddar. I baked it in round ceramic Le Cruset 4 quart casserole at 400 degrees for over an hour. It was delicious!"