Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, sausage, onion, chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole(2)
Sort By :
Have not made this yet, although it looks very good, I would add a 1/4 tsp. of ground mustard and scallions to the scrambled eggs.
I really liked this recipe. Make sure to grease the slow cooker well or it will over-brown on the sides. 7 hours was plenty long enough. The only thing I would change is maybe adding more sausage. It sort of gets lost in the egg mixture and you can't really taste it too much.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pork Recipes >