- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, sausage, onion, chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
"I'm sure Susan did something wrong though! My cousin made this for my girlfriends when we came to visit her in Phoenix. She also had a chilled bottle of white wine waiting... it was AMAZING! I actually found this because I want to make it for the office one day! Thanks!"
"Flavor was wonderful. Although, mine was burnt at the end of 5 hours and the cheese disintegrated in the mixture. I tossed the burnt sides and added more cheese as I served it. Otherwise it tasted great. Might try the oven next time."
"Great, easy recipe! And GMH. , that's why they call it a review. Not everyone likes it, nor do they have to. Susan's review, no matter how negative, is permitted here. Taste of Home I'm sure doesn't expect five stars from everyone. Take a chill pill and I wish you a better day tomorrow! Wow."
"SusaneclarkIt always amazes me that a recipe can get 150 positive reviews and then you get that 1 that isn’t content with, ‘not very good’, but has to go on and on about how horrible they thought it was. Hey Susan, find a different website. I doubt Taste of Home would miss you! I know I wouldn’t!"
"I made this for a breakfast potluck at work, a TOTAL hit!"