I love this breakfast casserole because I can make it the night before and it's ready in the morning. A perfect recipe while I'm out camping or when I have weekend guests.—Ella Stutheit, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a greased 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the potatoes, sausage, onion, chilies and cheese. Repeat layers. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until eggs are set. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p45
Reviews for Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review