Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Cut four 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf(7)
Sort By :
Not a big meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe
Leftovers make GREAT Meatloaf Tacos. Just heat up the meatloaf, slice it and place in taco shells. Top with jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Favorite Salsa on the side. Fantastic!!
Taste wonderful. I made it a little too sweet. Will cut down on the brown sugar a bit.
I made the a couple nights ago, my kids don't care for meat loaf but they loved this one. I added some diced Jalepenos for alittle more zip!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Ground Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Meat Loaf >
- Meat Loaf Recipes >
- Meatloaf Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >