- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Cut four 20-in. x 3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"Did not really care for this. A bit too mushy for me."
"This was delicious. Even my picky son had two heaping helpings! We all loved it!"
"My husband always groans and rolls his eyes when I say I'm making meatloaf for dinner, but no more! We loved this -- so flavorful! I made it exactly as written, but cut the calories by using 96% lean beef, reduced-fat cheese, and baked tortilla chips. I might add a can of chopped green chilies next time, just for a little extra zip. This will be our go-to meatloaf recipe from now on."
"EASY, GREAT TASTE, even good when it 's cold. This is a KEEPER!!!!"
"Not a big meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe"