Spice up this shrimp and rice dish to your taste by increasing the amount of Creole seasoning and cayenne pepper. Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce, too. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the broth, rice, Creole seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the tomatoes, shrimp and peas; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp Jambalaya in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p245
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Skillet Shrimp Jambalaya
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review