- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle fillets with seafood seasoning. In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil and butter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- Add mushrooms to the skillet; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach and broth; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until spinach is heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fish. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Skillet Fish with Spinach
Sort By :
Added shallots and roasted red pepper slices to the spinach. Used a 1/4 c white wine in place of the chicken stock. The dish is wonderful! It was like going into a restaurant. It was pretty on the pate with honey glazed carrots.