Skillet Barbecued Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt. In a large skillet, brown chops on both sides in butter over medium-high heat. Remove chops.
- In the drippings, saute onion until golden brown. Add the water, brown sugar, barbecue sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Return chops to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops; keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Skillet Barbecued Pork Chops
Sort By :
"Excellent. Sauce might have been just a little too sweet for my taste, but just a little!"
"This recipe was so easy and delicious that I would make it again."
"I just made this for supper and it was very tasty!! the only thing i did different was use teriyaki sauce in place of the worchestershire sauce. this recipe is a keeper."
"I loved this recipe! It was quick and easy and very tasty. Everyone in my family liked it."
"The pork chops had great flavor! The recipe was simple, fast, and delicious!"