- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat. Add the vegetables; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and soup; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Simple Chicken Soup(6)
Sort By :
Excellent recipe! Very easy and delicious. My husband complimented me on it several times so this is a keeper! The only thing I did differently is to add some No Yolks Noodles to turn it into a Chicken Noodle Soup.
This was excellent! Nice way to dress up a canned soup and turn it into a very hearty chicken stew! I boiled the chicken before I cubed it so it would be moist and tender. It was absolutely delicious and perfect for a cold rainy day! Loved it!
This was easy and quick. I used Italian frozen veggies. Delicious. Will make it again.
I made this soup for my family last night. It is quick and simple yet my family loved it! I am not into all this reduced sodium low-fat stuff. Life is too short to not enjoy good food. Anyways, I substituted the canned chicken broth for homemade chicken broth (much better!) and made a homemade white sauce in place the condensed soup. To do this I cooked 3 T. of butter, 3 T. of flour, and 1 cup of milk over medium heat or until thickened. In place of dried onion I used about a teaspoon of so of onion powder. In place of frozen vegetables which no one seems to enjoy at my house, I used about 3/4 cup of chopped carrot and 3/4 cup chopped celery. To add some flavor and a little color, I added about a teaspoon of dried basil and a teaspoon of dried oregano. Will make again, so easy and good!
This was fast, easy and delicious. I will make it a regular winter recipe. I added some mini rotini pasta to make it heartier.