Simple Chicken Stew
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 427 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
Dec 13, 2017
This is an easy and great recipe. Highly recommend this recipe.
Feb 24, 2013
After 4 times making this recipe I still get raves and I ALWAYS have an empty slow cooker
May 6, 2012
I didn't have time to use the slow cooker for this dish, so I cooked it stove top. I increased the water and cooked the vegetables (adding chopped celery) in the bouillon, poultry seasoning and water for about 15 minutes. Then I added chicken which I had precooked and the soup and simmered for about 1 hour. My husband loved it.
Nov 9, 2010
Can't believe how easy this was to make. My husband and I agree that it needs celery and thyme.
Sep 16, 2010
My first slow cooker recipe and it came out GREAT,will cook it again Thanks!!!!!
Mar 23, 2009
I was looking for a recipe for chicken stew and thought this one seemed easy enough. It was pretty delicious!
Dec 11, 2008
I agree, great recipe. I also added green peas. Delicious
Feb 12, 2008
Wonderful! Since I love leftovers, I doubled the recipe and cooked it in a 4-qt. slow cooker and added a half-cup of frozen green peas.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.