Looking for lighter fare tonight? Pair this fast and flavorful pasta toss with salad and garlic bread for a stress-free supper. —Louise Gilbert, Quesnel, British Columbia
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/3 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook shrimp and garlic in oil over medium heat until shrimp turn pink. Add the tomatoes, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain linguine; toss with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with feta and additional basil if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Shrimp & Tomato Linguine Toss in Simple & Delicious December/January 2011, p18
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Tomato Linguine Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review