- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh spinach
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the egg, cream and butter; set aside. Drain macaroni; transfer to another bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and reserved egg mixture to the macaroni; toss to coat. Stir in shrimp and spinach.
- Transfer to a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and cheese is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Shrimp & Macaroni Casserole
Sort By :
So very very good! Frozen peas are great in place of the spinach. Cooked shrimp instead of raw worked as well.
Wow! Ok, I doubled the recipe. I also added a couple of seasonings - old bay & paprika just on top. I should also say that the garlic cloves were huge so this was very garlicky - delicious if you love garlic. I would have done a full pound of shrimp for 6 servings though. Next time.
Delicious! The trick is to add different cheeses. I used shredded asiago, provolone, romano, mozzarella, fontina and parmesan. Yum!
This recipe will go into my collection. Made it tonight for dinner and it turned out great. My husband remarked "this is a good one!". Would like to double and freeze one next time. I did add more shrimp and a bit more spinach. Was kind of casual with the ingredients. I can see where this would be easy to adjust to your tastes (different types of cheeses, more veggies, etc..). Went together quickly - did have to cook about 15 minutes extra, but probably because I added quite a bit more shrimp.
we enjoyed this i did add more shrimp :-)
Was a great grown up mac and cheese
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >