- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts (about 5-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Trim Brussels sprouts. Cut sprouts lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until sprouts begin to brown lightly. Add oil and toss to coat. Stir in onion, ginger, garlic and salt. Add water; reduce heat to medium and cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Shredded Gingered Brussels Sprouts
"So very tasty. Such a different taste than just plain ole brussels sprouts. A new family fav."
"Always looking for ways to get those veggies in--this is a great recipe! The shredding added a whole new taste dimension."
"This is an excellent, healthy side dish! I ended up using too much ginger, which I will be sure to not do in the future. The Chinese students I host loved the strong ginger flavor, but it was overbearing for the rest of us. Stick to the recipe as is - it's a winner!"
"Great flavor profile. I was confused over the directions, and I sauteed the Brussels Sprouts in the oil instead of in a dry pan. I will make these again, for sure."
"One of the best Brussels sprout recipes I've ever eaten."