Ginger Halibut with Brussels Sprouts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 halibut fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 ounces (about 2-1/2 cups) fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Lemon slices, optional
- Brush lemon juice over halibut fillets. Sprinkle with minced ginger, 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Place fish on an oiled grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat (or broil 6 in. from heat) until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 6-8 minutes.
- In a large skillet, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add Brussels sprouts, pepper flakes and, if desired, remaining salt. Cook, covered, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle sesame oil and soy sauce over halibut. Serve with Brussels sprouts; sprinkle with fried garlic. If desired, serve with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with Brussels sprouts: 234 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jan 9, 2018
Russian recipes??? You're PUTIN me on! PS Brussels sprouts will ALWAYS bitter! Why do you all push them on us?
Nov 23, 2016
Delicious flavor combinations! I used the broiler to prepare the fish. I broiled each side for about 5-7 minutes on low broil. This is a very unique and easy way to flavor fish. Nice change of pace!
Nov 6, 2016
An easy recipe to cut down for just one or two. I only made one change to the recipe steps: I added the parboiled Brussels sprouts to the roasting pan that I used to broil the fish (I don't own a grill, so I used the oven). Toasting the brussies made them that much better. I made enough of the heated oil to drizzle over both the fish and the brussies. This volunteer field editor gives Margarita's recipe five stars!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.