Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes16 servings (about 4 quarts)
- 8 to 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut or salmon fillets, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the soups, milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the fish, carrots and corn. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Add cayenne pepper if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 198 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 2, 2012
This was good but not as flavorful as I would like (especially to justify this many calories!). I did add potatoes and used fresh carrots both of which I added just after the garlic and cooked for a few minutes before adding the soups in order to make sure they cooked through.
May 4, 2011
Excellent tasting, made it twice! However, the second time I added the carrots much earlier otherwise they don't cook thoroughly. Just a suggestion for anyone making this.