Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
Makes8-10 servings (10 cups)
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2-1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 can (32 ounces) tomato juice
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a Dutch oven, combine all ingredients except the cheese. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 1 hour or until the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle each serving with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 130 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 28, 2012
Love Love Love this recipie! I like to make with left over beef roast instead and to save time you can use frozen shredded carrots from the store.
Oct 4, 2010
I found this recipe in a TOH Halloween book. I have been making it for years and find that it is always easy, delicious and perfect for a cool autumn day. I made it just as is and will continue to keep it in my homemade soup collection.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.