No one ever believes how little effort it takes to make these tender, juicy ribs. The flavor of the lightly sweet and tangy sauce penetrates through the meat as the ribs simmer in the slow cooker. -Sandy Alexander, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add ribs and turn to coat. Place the onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs
- and sauce. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Place ribs on a serving platter; sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Pork Ribs in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Pork Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review