Many times I've taken this dish to church dinners and I'm always asked for the recipe. It's a super appetizer for any gathering.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame or olive oil
- 4 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Dash pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wings
- In a large plastic bag or glass dish, combine the first nine ingredients. Add chicken wings; coat well. Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken to a shallow rack in a baking pan; discard marinade.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Turn and bake about 20 minutes longer or until tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken Wings in Country December/January 1994, p49
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sesame Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review