Seasoned Green Beans Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Seasoned Green Beans(17)
Sort By :
Fantastic! Made just as instructed but instead of onion powder, I caramelized diced yellow onions in a bit of olive oil and salt and tossed the seasoned string beans into the onions. then served.
Love this recipe. I brought this to work for a Thanksgiving potluck and everyone loved it too. The only change I made was I added a dash of Cayenne pepper and instead of adding seasoned salt I did half the garlic powder and half garlic salt. Otherwise this is a perfect side-dish.
Just the right amount of seasoning. Very flavorful. Glad I found this recipe. I used fresh green beans.
I'm not a big fan of green beans, but my husband is. So, I tired this recipe. I used canned green beans instead of fresh, after they were done heating up, I drained the juice, and added the rest. They were so good, even I liked them, and we finished off the whole dish! Will try this on my daughter, who also doesn't like green beans. This is truly a keeper!