I like to add a little extra flavor to my green beans. And this mouthwatering recipe is one of the quickest and most delicious I have.—Katherine Firth, Oro Ballay, Arizona
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Green Beans in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p14
Reviews for Seasoned Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2015
"Great and simple recipe if you like green beans without a lot of extras."
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2015
"These are very good. Not too spicy for my kids."
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2015
"I used olive oil instead of butter. Very good!"
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2014
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2014
"We loved these! We will be making these often."