- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Seasoned Green Beans
"A solid 4. I was really hoping for a solid punch of seasoning and it wasn't quite there. I would amp up the seasoning next time and add a little pepper too inoted of following the recipe. But we did clean the bowl and each child had a few so I would consider it a moderate hit. I did love the steaming too."
"Really a fun way to dress up green beans! I want to try it on squash!"
"Very good! Used the 1/4 tsp seasoned salt and 1/2 tsp chilli powder. I think 1/2 tsp seasoned salt would be too much"
"I just made the recipe using all listed seasonings, a 1/4th less butter, and fresh green beans.I honestly do not see the appeal. WAY too greasy (too much butter) for my taste. The butter seemed to cancel out the other seasonings.Not for me."
"Great and simple recipe if you like green beans without a lot of extras."
"These are very good. Not too spicy for my kids."
"I used olive oil instead of butter. Very good!"
"We loved these! We will be making these often."
"They were fine and easy enough."