Seasoned Green Beans Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen green beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the butter and seasonings. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Seasoned Green Beans(18)
Sort By :
Very tasty. I reduced the chili powder in fear the children would detect it and refuse to eat the beans. Will definitely make again.
Fantastic! Made just as instructed but instead of onion powder, I caramelized diced yellow onions in a bit of olive oil and salt and tossed the seasoned string beans into the onions. then served.
Love this recipe. I brought this to work for a Thanksgiving potluck and everyone loved it too. The only change I made was I added a dash of Cayenne pepper and instead of adding seasoned salt I did half the garlic powder and half garlic salt. Otherwise this is a perfect side-dish.
Just the right amount of seasoning. Very flavorful. Glad I found this recipe. I used fresh green beans.