- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the wine, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Top with onions if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Seafood Bisque
"I used chicken broth not wine, I also used fresh mushrooms. This was a tasty soup that was easy to prepare."
"This is a simple, delicious recipe. I added bay scallops and used fresh mushrooms. It was awesome. Thanks to whoever submitted."
"My husband loves this! Easy and delicious."
"Most of the ingredients are canned or jared, not a healthy soup...what would make this soup better is too use fresh ingredients."
"Delicious and filling. Next time I'll use fresh mushrooms."