- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups 2% milk
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) whole mushrooms, drained
- 3 tablespoons Madeira wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced green onions, optional
- 1. In a Dutch oven, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, crab and mushrooms. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in the wine, salt and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer. Top with onions if desired.
1 cup: 169 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 817mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Feb 12, 2020This was delicious! My kids also loved it, very satisfying! I did add scallops instead of the canned fish and next time I'm going to add whole mushrooms. Thank you for the recipe.
Dec 23, 2019Sorry--I put the wrong name under the review I was talking about. I meant miltons's review. Very humorous. Although Lo9rimc69's was also a good idea. I checked it out.
Mar 25, 2019https://www.thespruceeats.com/what-is-bisque-995579 Not a review, just some FYI. You know, in case anyone is curious.
Jan 26, 2019This is a very time consuming bisque since some reviewers insisted it could only be made with fresh ingredients. Thought I'd try it tho -milked the cow (had to buy one), grew the veggies (the mushrooms were a real project). Don't even ask about making hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce! Went to the gulf for shrimp, Alaska for crab. Grew grapes, crushed, aged wine. (Had to drink most of that before they could get me on the crab boat). In the end (12 years later) I put it all together and it was GOOD. I'd say on a par with the grandma next door who uses the same recipe after a 20 minute trip to the grocery store.
Jan 1, 2019I made this delicious bisque for a few friends for a New Year's Eve party and everyone raved about it. I loved the shortcuts with the soups to make this mouth watering entree. Thank you.
Nov 21, 2018This looks great. I can't wait to try it. I will say this if you aren't interested in this recipe or if you have problems with what's used why do you need to leave negative commits.
Nov 13, 2017
This bisque looks tasty, but she adapted several recipes to come up with this one made with 2 kinds of canned soup? I think I'll have to pass. For pretty much the same effort she put into this soup, I believe I'll make it from scratch.
Jan 17, 2015
I used chicken broth not wine, I also used fresh mushrooms. This was a tasty soup that was easy to prepare.
Nov 11, 2014
This is a simple, delicious recipe. I added bay scallops and used fresh mushrooms. It was awesome. Thanks to whoever submitted.
Dec 31, 1969
My husband loves this! Easy and delicious.