- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium shell pasta
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and celery in butter until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine milk and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the salt, mustard, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Drain pasta; add the pasta, olives, crab and vegetables to milk mixture.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sea Shell Crab Casserole(2)
Sort By :
My husband and I thought we would have liked this better without the crab,maybe with leftover turkey instead,but our 17 month old grandson devoured it,even the olives! I used penne instead of the shells because I already had it in the house.