Crab Imperial Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, pepper and salt until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab and soup until blended.
- Drain pasta. Add crab mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 344 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 29, 2018
Made this for dinner this evening. It came out great and delicious. Cant wait to make again. I did change the soup to chicken and added another batch of mushrooms. Family approved.
Mar 14, 2017
I followed the recipe exactly but was not happy with the results. It was very dry and blah. I added a little mayo and some Paul Prudhomme Seafood Seasoning which really helped pep it up. If I ever make it again I'll use imitation crab (I felt cheated to have spent so much on crab only to have the recipe taste so-so) and celery.
Jan 5, 2017
Followed the recipe except I used 12 oz. canned lump crab meat and 12 oz. imitation crab to bring the cost down. That flavor was fine, but we thought the finished product was rather dry. If I make it again, I will double the sauce.
Apr 3, 2016
A great casserole! I substituted imitation crab and it worked fine.
Dec 25, 2013
Aug 20, 2013
Restaurant quality! Easy to make! You will love it.