- 2 cups thinly sliced peeled potatoes (about 2 large)
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- Dash each salt, pepper and ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2/3 to 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased small ovenproof skillet; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Dot with butter.
- Add enough cream to fill skillet about three-fourths full. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Carefully place skillet in oven. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Scalloped Potatoes in Reminisce February/March 2008, p49
Reviews for Scalloped Potatoes au Gratin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review